Hilmi Hamidi
Oct 4, 09:47 AM
Man that is awesome
It's a tribute
Sep 1, 02:45 PM
Awsome interface you don't want so share? Orginal wallpaper, dock and icon links, please?
cheers
Yes the icons, dock are from DA in the link at the bottom of page1, the indicators are called willow from DA and check your inbox. <<or send your mail and I will drop the WP as to my knowledge the author has not yet released it.
cheers
Yes the icons, dock are from DA in the link at the bottom of page1, the indicators are called willow from DA and check your inbox. <<or send your mail and I will drop the WP as to my knowledge the author has not yet released it.
wrxguy
Apr 19, 07:49 AM
This months wallpaper is from a photo I took in
Phuket Thailand282073
Phuket Thailand282073
buckwheat987
Mar 17, 08:23 PM
like this thread?
more...
ctdonath
Mar 31, 01:39 PM
You can't seriously think that professionals are going to depend on Photoshop for iPad and throw away their computer can you?
Of course not.
Flip side: You can't seriously think that professionals are going to haul around a 27" monitor, full keyboard, stylus & tablet, quadcore i7, multi-terabyte desktop computer can you?
iPad naysayers keep missing the point: it's not a "computer replacement", it's an anytime/anywhere device to augment a serious computer. If you need [some of] Photoshop right now, just get out the easy-carry tablet and do a reasonable approximation of what you can do perfectly with that office/home behemoth, and either be content with "good enough" or do the refinements when you get back.
Of course not.
Flip side: You can't seriously think that professionals are going to haul around a 27" monitor, full keyboard, stylus & tablet, quadcore i7, multi-terabyte desktop computer can you?
iPad naysayers keep missing the point: it's not a "computer replacement", it's an anytime/anywhere device to augment a serious computer. If you need [some of] Photoshop right now, just get out the easy-carry tablet and do a reasonable approximation of what you can do perfectly with that office/home behemoth, and either be content with "good enough" or do the refinements when you get back.
likemyorbs
Apr 17, 12:39 PM
Soylent Cocoa, now there's a thought, if we kill old Blacks first. :rolleyes:
You don't think they would try again with the old jews this time?
You don't think they would try again with the old jews this time?
more...
Macky-Mac
May 4, 12:17 PM
I saw a guest, Matthew Alexander, on the Ed [Schultz] Show talk about the ineffectiveness of enhanced interrogation (torture).
Here's a link to the video. Skip ahead to 7:15 minutes in to see the interview.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42889969#42889969
Please take a few minutes to view it and let me know what you think.
interesting, he notes that the department of defense compiled stats that show that mistreatment of muslim prisoners was the #1 most effective recruiting tool for al Qaeda
Here's a link to the video. Skip ahead to 7:15 minutes in to see the interview.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42889969#42889969
Please take a few minutes to view it and let me know what you think.
interesting, he notes that the department of defense compiled stats that show that mistreatment of muslim prisoners was the #1 most effective recruiting tool for al Qaeda
rakidder
Apr 25, 11:08 AM
I tried cleaning out the pins on the bottom of the phone, but still no luck. Still comes up with a message saying "This accessory is not supported by iphone" when I try and play it through the speakers.
more...

Lord Blackadder
Mar 30, 06:40 PM
I haven't been up to date on the Mac flashing scene for a couple years now, but when I was last keeping up with it the MDD remained a problem child, and would not accept cards that worked well on the Digital Audio and Quicksilver G4s.
I bought a Radeon 9600 PRO from OWC years ago, it was an OEM card pulled from an AGP G5 tower with pins 3 & 11 taped by OWC. They stopped selling them after awhile because of problems with certain versions of the G4 but it always worked fine for me in my Digital Audio.
The bottom line is, not all cards work in all brands of G4, and the reasons for this are not fully understood in all cases. Your mileage may vary! This is why the Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB is a favorite choice for flashing, because it is one of the few cards that is known to work in all G4s.*
*With the caveat that Radeon 9800s with more or less video memory than the 128MB version don't always work, and other verisons of the 9800 (XT, XL, SE) either don't work or are not proven to work on most machines.
dang, totally forgot about that. i've even linked that before. very useful thread! (click the link in his signature)
Thanks for the plug! That was a fun project, and the darned card still works. :D
I bought a Radeon 9600 PRO from OWC years ago, it was an OEM card pulled from an AGP G5 tower with pins 3 & 11 taped by OWC. They stopped selling them after awhile because of problems with certain versions of the G4 but it always worked fine for me in my Digital Audio.
The bottom line is, not all cards work in all brands of G4, and the reasons for this are not fully understood in all cases. Your mileage may vary! This is why the Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB is a favorite choice for flashing, because it is one of the few cards that is known to work in all G4s.*
*With the caveat that Radeon 9800s with more or less video memory than the 128MB version don't always work, and other verisons of the 9800 (XT, XL, SE) either don't work or are not proven to work on most machines.
dang, totally forgot about that. i've even linked that before. very useful thread! (click the link in his signature)
Thanks for the plug! That was a fun project, and the darned card still works. :D
FloatingBones
Apr 30, 08:47 PM
Consomac.fr (http://consomac.fr/news-1140-exclu-un-chateau-pour-mobileme.html) went digging in the latest Mac OS X Lion build to see what they could find [...]
Aren't these guys in violation of their developer agreement?
Aren't these guys in violation of their developer agreement?
more...
mKizzo
Apr 25, 12:23 AM
I'm more interested to know how 3 phone launches in 1 year will be consolidated in the future? And will the rumoured Autumn release of iPhone4S/iPhone5 be continued next year or we back to the June cycle?
xUKHCx
Apr 7, 05:39 AM
how many Xserves are in that data centre? oh sorry I meant Mac minis...
Just doing the maths on how many Mac Minis it takes to get a Yottabyte of storage...
To get that much storage you would need 1,000,000,000,000 Mac Mini Servers which costed at full retail is 70x the US national debt.
Apple's 500,000 sq ft data centre usuing Doctor Q's 10 fot of usuable vertical space could hold 104,088,861 not accounting for heat dissapation cabling storage racks etc. Therefore you would need 9,607 data centres of the size of apple's current (which was rumored to cost $1billion). However that is a storage facility literally filled with no walking space between the racks or anything like that so a sensible suggestion would be to double that.
The total size of this project would be 9,607,000,000 sq ft or 344 sq miles. Turks and Caicos Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_and_Caicos_Islands) happens to 366 sq miles, although to allow for expansion, shipping port/airport and power plants and other ancilallry buildings such as worker housing, supermarket and such I would suggest that Hong Kong with an area of 426 sq miles is a good place to start. Although given the high population of Hong Kong it isn't an ideal place to build such a facility, therefore the Faroe Islands with a size of 538 miles might be the first sensible place to wipe out. Alternatively you could just dump it in Texas/Alaska as they have plenty of land spare. Alaska would give you natural cooling which would be a bonus over Texas although can you image the series of Ice Road truckers, "In this haul is 100,000 Mac Minis."
All in all to go for something like large with some as inappropriate as a Mac Mini is a costly and ultimately bonkers idea.
Fingers crossed that the sums are correct.
Just doing the maths on how many Mac Minis it takes to get a Yottabyte of storage...
To get that much storage you would need 1,000,000,000,000 Mac Mini Servers which costed at full retail is 70x the US national debt.
Apple's 500,000 sq ft data centre usuing Doctor Q's 10 fot of usuable vertical space could hold 104,088,861 not accounting for heat dissapation cabling storage racks etc. Therefore you would need 9,607 data centres of the size of apple's current (which was rumored to cost $1billion). However that is a storage facility literally filled with no walking space between the racks or anything like that so a sensible suggestion would be to double that.
The total size of this project would be 9,607,000,000 sq ft or 344 sq miles. Turks and Caicos Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_and_Caicos_Islands) happens to 366 sq miles, although to allow for expansion, shipping port/airport and power plants and other ancilallry buildings such as worker housing, supermarket and such I would suggest that Hong Kong with an area of 426 sq miles is a good place to start. Although given the high population of Hong Kong it isn't an ideal place to build such a facility, therefore the Faroe Islands with a size of 538 miles might be the first sensible place to wipe out. Alternatively you could just dump it in Texas/Alaska as they have plenty of land spare. Alaska would give you natural cooling which would be a bonus over Texas although can you image the series of Ice Road truckers, "In this haul is 100,000 Mac Minis."
All in all to go for something like large with some as inappropriate as a Mac Mini is a costly and ultimately bonkers idea.
Fingers crossed that the sums are correct.
more...
rprebel
Feb 12, 04:48 PM
Here's a larger version I made from a much larger image I found on tineye.com
Original (http://media.comicmix.com/media/2010/07/21/cap-sdcc-poster-final-v2.jpg)
Original (http://media.comicmix.com/media/2010/07/21/cap-sdcc-poster-final-v2.jpg)
kntgsp
Apr 4, 12:02 PM
I think Apple's policy allows for users to opt-in to sharing their personal data.
And that's the point FT has a problem with.
They want that data so they can sell it to marketers and artificially inflate their profits.
Also this made me laugh:
The report notes that the Financial Times has already developed a relatively successful paywall model for its online content, with the newspaper bringing in about 40% of its revenue through digital sales.
They're bringing in 40% of their revenue through digital sales because people already abandoned their paper distribution in droves, just like every other publication. People just go to Google News and get access to thousands of different articles on the same topic that are all free.
FT needs that user data to sell to advertisers because without it they hemorrhage money due to their poor business model.
And that's the point FT has a problem with.
They want that data so they can sell it to marketers and artificially inflate their profits.
Also this made me laugh:
The report notes that the Financial Times has already developed a relatively successful paywall model for its online content, with the newspaper bringing in about 40% of its revenue through digital sales.
They're bringing in 40% of their revenue through digital sales because people already abandoned their paper distribution in droves, just like every other publication. People just go to Google News and get access to thousands of different articles on the same topic that are all free.
FT needs that user data to sell to advertisers because without it they hemorrhage money due to their poor business model.
more...
Chrysaor
Oct 9, 08:55 PM
Its a nice app, but way overrated.
Jht
Jan 10, 12:12 PM
Only switched to mac since xmas, so I didn't really know what to expect from macworld, but I'm not best excited from what I've seen. I was hoping for mac upgrades, and was most looking forward to leopard. The itv thing is a neat idea, I just can't see it appealing to the general public though, what with everything you have to have for it etc. And the iPhone WTF? Don't get me wrong it looks GREAT, really exciting, everything about it seems right, but the price? It's a phone for christ sake, and its not going to be out in the uk until the back end of 07 :mad: . But seriously 499 in the US, thats like �350? in the UK, I've just bought myself a new phone for �100 and thats nearing the tops I'd pay for a phone, which in essence is all it is. A �350 iphone or k800i (3mp) for �180, I'll have the k800i please, its ridiculous the price of this thing, because which ever way you look at it, �350ish/$499 for a phone is too much and apple will seriously be limiting the user base with a price like that, compared to other phones, the majority of the general puiblic won't want to lash out that much for a phone, its just a joke... All IMO obviously
more...
nefan65
Dec 29, 11:26 AM
The India remark is not a bash against Indians, it is a bash against overseas outsourcing, and to some extent insourcing.
India does not have the worker protections, laws, etc. that the US has. The country is basically a sweat shop, and Indian consulting firms, desperate for American business, will routinely lie, overestimate their ability to complete a project, and then treat their workers like crap. The result is the project rarely gets done correctly. This is from 15 years IT experience -I have seen it many, many times.
Microsoft routinely ships development projects to India in order to tap into low-wage labor and avoid US laws. Apple probably does some of this as well, although MS is notorious for it. The quality of MS products has gone down, perhaps as a result of this (among many other factors).
Cloud computing may ultimately mean that a H1B comes into your company, drops a couple circuits in, and everything runs from India: no need to hire American workers. The office is "virtualized." When the Indian workers become expensive, the Indian firms just ship those jobs over to China.
10 years from now, the IT industry in the US may have gone the way of the textile industry, with basically everyone losing their jobs. I hope that doesn't happen, because I like working in this industry, and my kid likes computers ...
---
As far as MS being the best corporate infrastructure, give me a break. Microsoft ripped off Novell to get Active Directory (which isn't even as good -it lacks fault tolerance and the performance is poor), and before that ripped off Apple to get the GUI. Windows 7 looks like a cheap OSX knock-off made in mainland China. MS steals ideas, Apple is the innovator.
As I said before, MS makes good front-end applications, and a few good back-end ones as well (SQL is good but very, very expensive -Exchange is a piece of shi*). Their OS still runs on old technology and it shows.
GPOs can do ten million things, 95% of which corporations never use -that is called feature creep.
Well said. The IT industry IS changing to that type of computing. Virtualized, anywhere/anytime. The idea of 20 servers in a room down the hall is going way of the Do-Do Bird. If it's not a Cloud based app, it could very well be that the data center is in another state/country. VDI is slowly creeping into the Enterprise as well. Not like some had hoped, but it is coming. The idea that ALL systems need to be the same, or ALL Windows, or ALL Mac, etc. will be moot. You'll be able to work anyplace, with any device, securely and safely. Use what you're comfortable with; laptop, desktop, tablet, phone...
When you utilize Saleforce.com...do people really think they're running that on a Windows Server with GPO's? LOL...Ahhhh...NO! It's running on a server farm of Linux Boxes and Oracle...
India does not have the worker protections, laws, etc. that the US has. The country is basically a sweat shop, and Indian consulting firms, desperate for American business, will routinely lie, overestimate their ability to complete a project, and then treat their workers like crap. The result is the project rarely gets done correctly. This is from 15 years IT experience -I have seen it many, many times.
Microsoft routinely ships development projects to India in order to tap into low-wage labor and avoid US laws. Apple probably does some of this as well, although MS is notorious for it. The quality of MS products has gone down, perhaps as a result of this (among many other factors).
Cloud computing may ultimately mean that a H1B comes into your company, drops a couple circuits in, and everything runs from India: no need to hire American workers. The office is "virtualized." When the Indian workers become expensive, the Indian firms just ship those jobs over to China.
10 years from now, the IT industry in the US may have gone the way of the textile industry, with basically everyone losing their jobs. I hope that doesn't happen, because I like working in this industry, and my kid likes computers ...
---
As far as MS being the best corporate infrastructure, give me a break. Microsoft ripped off Novell to get Active Directory (which isn't even as good -it lacks fault tolerance and the performance is poor), and before that ripped off Apple to get the GUI. Windows 7 looks like a cheap OSX knock-off made in mainland China. MS steals ideas, Apple is the innovator.
As I said before, MS makes good front-end applications, and a few good back-end ones as well (SQL is good but very, very expensive -Exchange is a piece of shi*). Their OS still runs on old technology and it shows.
GPOs can do ten million things, 95% of which corporations never use -that is called feature creep.
Well said. The IT industry IS changing to that type of computing. Virtualized, anywhere/anytime. The idea of 20 servers in a room down the hall is going way of the Do-Do Bird. If it's not a Cloud based app, it could very well be that the data center is in another state/country. VDI is slowly creeping into the Enterprise as well. Not like some had hoped, but it is coming. The idea that ALL systems need to be the same, or ALL Windows, or ALL Mac, etc. will be moot. You'll be able to work anyplace, with any device, securely and safely. Use what you're comfortable with; laptop, desktop, tablet, phone...
When you utilize Saleforce.com...do people really think they're running that on a Windows Server with GPO's? LOL...Ahhhh...NO! It's running on a server farm of Linux Boxes and Oracle...
jared1988
Apr 10, 09:02 PM
Try playing around with the spacing, I did it on mine and I get the full info.
i did that at first and didnt do anything, i just now did it and worked. thanks :)
i did that at first and didnt do anything, i just now did it and worked. thanks :)
Blue Velvet
Nov 23, 01:14 PM
I strongly suggest you copy off your work folder or files onto the desktop or wherever and work from them there, copying the new files back onto your Flash drive when you're done.
Cassie
Apr 7, 09:42 AM
I'm so weird...I want one. :o
http://www.aspire-ev.com/images/front_right.jpg
But, given the choice, I already have my dream car.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/%2783-%2788_Ford_Ranger_Extended_Cab.jpg/800px-%2783-%2788_Ford_Ranger_Extended_Cab.jpg
(Not my pic)
http://www.aspire-ev.com/images/front_right.jpg
But, given the choice, I already have my dream car.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/%2783-%2788_Ford_Ranger_Extended_Cab.jpg/800px-%2783-%2788_Ford_Ranger_Extended_Cab.jpg
(Not my pic)
sheepopo39
Apr 23, 09:04 PM
I'm wondering how to access your battery information through cocoa (such as your battery percentage, time remaining). I know that on iOS you access it through UIDevice, but I cannot think of an equivalent one for OS X, does anyone know?
Badradio
Feb 14, 10:25 AM
I'm on the ball you see ;) :D
Could this be the end of spam as we know it? Damn... and I was after a new iPod...
Could this be the end of spam as we know it? Damn... and I was after a new iPod...
Chase R
Dec 4, 02:19 AM
262780
I just changed mine. Source: http://46.59.1.2/
Best wallpaper I've seen yet.
I sure hope Julian keeps up his extraordinary work.
I just changed mine. Source: http://46.59.1.2/
Best wallpaper I've seen yet.
I sure hope Julian keeps up his extraordinary work.
OrangeSVTguy
Feb 16, 08:09 AM
yeah you gotta have xeon processors. but still, you can overclock them! you can put out over 130,000 ppd with one machine!
That's crazy PPD. I need to see if I can find a mobo with dual non-xeon i7 sockets. Do they even make one and would be cool if I could use my 920 along with my 950 in the same box.
**added**
Guess only dual CPU are xeon based :(.
Oh well I'll be upgrading to a 6 core 970 very soon :D
That's crazy PPD. I need to see if I can find a mobo with dual non-xeon i7 sockets. Do they even make one and would be cool if I could use my 920 along with my 950 in the same box.
**added**
Guess only dual CPU are xeon based :(.
Oh well I'll be upgrading to a 6 core 970 very soon :D
No comments:
Post a Comment