tvguru
Sep 12, 08:22 AM
The links from that iTunes Videos thing DO NOT point to any movies. They point to iPod versions of movie trailers. It's just a consolidation of the current content.
But saying that doesn't matter because people aren't reading the thread.
LOL Chundles, looks like your the ring leader for the evening. :p
But saying that doesn't matter because people aren't reading the thread.
LOL Chundles, looks like your the ring leader for the evening. :p

Thomas Veil
Mar 4, 06:05 AM
Go Ohio! Crush the unions! Return to fiscal sanity. I'm sorry, but I just have to smile at some of this. It manages to be self-contradictory and over the top, all in just nine words. I could almost see you waving your pom-pons while you wrote it.
Sorry, but you guys are self-destructing, and while it's painful to watch what you're doing to the economy and to good, hard-working people, at least we're seeing you implode in ways far greater than we'd ever dreamed. Keep watching those polls. You're doing everything you can to help the Democrats in 2012.
Oh, and please stop getting tea stains all over my flag.
Sorry, but you guys are self-destructing, and while it's painful to watch what you're doing to the economy and to good, hard-working people, at least we're seeing you implode in ways far greater than we'd ever dreamed. Keep watching those polls. You're doing everything you can to help the Democrats in 2012.
Oh, and please stop getting tea stains all over my flag.
Tampa Tom
May 4, 07:05 AM
If you asked Motorola they's say, "It's Godzilla!"
benbow
Nov 24, 01:04 AM
I'm ready to order a second iMac 17" 2.0 from the Apple on-line store after midnight.
Besides the estimated US$100 discount on Black Friday the retail stores and the on-line store should provide a coupon giving one access to Apple's low profile recycling program. One can recycle up to 140 pounds (less shipping boxes) of old computer junk by obtaining from Apple two Fed-Ex shipping labels. Drop two boxes off at Fed-Ex and Apple will pay for the shipping to their recycling center. Supposedly good equipment gets directed to worthy organizations and the toxic stuff gets recycled properly. If you buy a Mac elsewhere you can't participate in Apple's recycling program.
My 1989 LaserWriter II still prints fine but will not work with any of my current Macs. A 1994 Sony 17" CRT monitor and a Power Mac 6100 are likewise ready to recycle. Where I live it would cost me $75 at the dump and over $100 to ship them to a responsible computer recycler.
Besides the estimated US$100 discount on Black Friday the retail stores and the on-line store should provide a coupon giving one access to Apple's low profile recycling program. One can recycle up to 140 pounds (less shipping boxes) of old computer junk by obtaining from Apple two Fed-Ex shipping labels. Drop two boxes off at Fed-Ex and Apple will pay for the shipping to their recycling center. Supposedly good equipment gets directed to worthy organizations and the toxic stuff gets recycled properly. If you buy a Mac elsewhere you can't participate in Apple's recycling program.
My 1989 LaserWriter II still prints fine but will not work with any of my current Macs. A 1994 Sony 17" CRT monitor and a Power Mac 6100 are likewise ready to recycle. Where I live it would cost me $75 at the dump and over $100 to ship them to a responsible computer recycler.
usher
Apr 15, 08:33 PM
i just wondering why apple never consider about something unusual...:apple::o
dsnort
Aug 4, 07:56 AM
Still can't agree with ya on the cd thing for one reason, I went to a movie theatre this past weekend. I may be showing my age, but i can remember when the hue and cry was that the availibity of movies on VHS was going to put the theatres out of business, but it didn't. There are always going to be those who want the latest and greatest right now, without having to wait, and these people are willing to pay a premium. Some type of physical media will allow them to do that.
quagmire
May 5, 09:27 AM
You must not read the news much. Or check out the robbery, rape, and murder statistics for your town. But I'll bet you're a nice friendly guy, and you live in the nice part of town, so it couldn't possibly happen to you, am I right? :rolleyes:
The better question here, is why do you feel so immune to violent crime?
Why are you using fear as part of your argument? I shouldn't have to have a gun on me to feel safe in my community. It's not saying I feel immune to crime, but fear of crime shouldn't drive a person.
At any rate, I don't think anyone here is going to argue the self-defense aspect of guns. Some people just don't understand the gun culture of this country.
Are you also confused about our obsessions with free speech? freedom of religion? or freedom of the press perhaps? Because those are protected in the Bill of Rights as well. Guns however, are unique in that they are the only material object, the only physical thing, that the Bill of Rights expressly protects ownership of. So we don't take to kindly to confused legislators who would try and take them away, or place unusual restrictions on that right.
So not understanding the gun culture in this country means we are against the 2nd amendment? Having the right to own guns and the gun culture are two separate matters, IMHO. I believe in the right to bear arms, but I don't understand the gun culture.
The better question here, is why do you feel so immune to violent crime?
Why are you using fear as part of your argument? I shouldn't have to have a gun on me to feel safe in my community. It's not saying I feel immune to crime, but fear of crime shouldn't drive a person.
At any rate, I don't think anyone here is going to argue the self-defense aspect of guns. Some people just don't understand the gun culture of this country.
Are you also confused about our obsessions with free speech? freedom of religion? or freedom of the press perhaps? Because those are protected in the Bill of Rights as well. Guns however, are unique in that they are the only material object, the only physical thing, that the Bill of Rights expressly protects ownership of. So we don't take to kindly to confused legislators who would try and take them away, or place unusual restrictions on that right.
So not understanding the gun culture in this country means we are against the 2nd amendment? Having the right to own guns and the gun culture are two separate matters, IMHO. I believe in the right to bear arms, but I don't understand the gun culture.
FoxyKaye
Oct 17, 08:59 AM
Now I'm definitely waiting this battle out, no matter how interesting it becomes.

MBPLurker
Mar 17, 10:55 AM
Lets keep the flaming going lol, Maybe it will reach 500 posts, lmao funny how people believe everything they read in a forum, sec I'm also a lawyer, and Doctor, yea I can pick any profession I want on MacRumors, everyone enjoy their iPad, I'm going back to the real world, while the debate in this thread continues.
Poor kid really doesn't think he did anything wrong.
Poor kid really doesn't think he did anything wrong.
ciTiger
Apr 29, 03:59 PM
Let's hope this isn't the last change...
I disliked a few changes in the shortcuts in the track pad gestures...
I disliked a few changes in the shortcuts in the track pad gestures...
Chundles
Sep 12, 04:10 AM
What will it be where you are Chundles? :D
About 2 hours prior to sparrow-fart.
3am... can't wait to spend yet another late night in front of the computer waiting for Apple to release yet another product I can't afford.
About 2 hours prior to sparrow-fart.
3am... can't wait to spend yet another late night in front of the computer waiting for Apple to release yet another product I can't afford.
geoffism
Dec 13, 03:26 PM
We've all be wrong before.
its interesting that Fortune picked up the story as well. The internet is the new home of the written truth.
It would be cool if it happens, but I'm not holding my breath.
its interesting that Fortune picked up the story as well. The internet is the new home of the written truth.
It would be cool if it happens, but I'm not holding my breath.
Al Coholic
Mar 28, 02:46 PM
The people have already voted...
It's called the "Top Grossing" category.
It's called the "Top Grossing" category.
dethmaShine
Apr 29, 01:16 PM
Downloading...
EDIT:
Size: 1.17GB
Title: Mac OS X Lion Preview Update
EDIT:
Size: 1.17GB
Title: Mac OS X Lion Preview Update
AidenShaw
Nov 16, 10:37 PM
Let's be nice to the mundanes and stick to x86 instead of comparing vendor based virtualization technologies. :D
At one level, a 386 and a Core 2 are identical...
In spite of the mundanes, let's not pretend that a 386 and a Core 2 are actually identical.. ;)
At one level, a 386 and a Core 2 are identical...
In spite of the mundanes, let's not pretend that a 386 and a Core 2 are actually identical.. ;)
Northgrove
Apr 29, 03:59 PM
rorschach: Thanks for the info! Good to hear that the lack of iOS-style scroll bars was a misreport. :)
I liked the lighter background color in the preferences more. :(
Especially since it didn't have to reverse the selected text color to white...
I liked the lighter background color in the preferences more. :(
Especially since it didn't have to reverse the selected text color to white...
apfhex
Jan 5, 03:17 PM
Right in the beginning, there was a live video feed to all the Apple stores... I went to two of them, both at the Mall of America store (and both times sat next to some very quirky Mac users... y'know... the regular type). Then one year, I went and it wasn't on. I was pissed. Then I learned Apple wasn't doing that because it was too expensive or something.
I wish they at least did that still. I mean, they offer a streaming video after the event, is it really so much more expensive to to offer it live? That would be something worth getting up early and going to the Apple Store for.
Although I find enough excitement in both reading the live text updates and then getting to go to Apple's site and see the product pages,and watch them in action in the keynote video.
I wish they at least did that still. I mean, they offer a streaming video after the event, is it really so much more expensive to to offer it live? That would be something worth getting up early and going to the Apple Store for.
Although I find enough excitement in both reading the live text updates and then getting to go to Apple's site and see the product pages,and watch them in action in the keynote video.
clintob
Oct 19, 10:06 AM
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Apple's market share increasing.
On the one hand, it's great in that it sort of validates the fact that the machines are better, or at least "cooler" and more fun, than PCs. But on the other hand, it's just the nature of production that the more units you're responsible for creating, the more room there is for error, rush-jobs, and cutting corners.
Apple is, I think everyone here agrees, far superior to PC manufacturers when it comes to quality control (the recent MB problems aside - I give a pass on that since it's really their first ever foray into the Intel-based notebook world which is a different animal altogether). Generally, Apple uses better, more reliable parts, a better overal setup and architecture, and the end result is a faster and more robust machine.
If they can somehow keep those high standards while continuing to grow in the world market I'm all for it. If not, I'm fine with being in that 6-10% range and enjoying my superior machine.
On the one hand, it's great in that it sort of validates the fact that the machines are better, or at least "cooler" and more fun, than PCs. But on the other hand, it's just the nature of production that the more units you're responsible for creating, the more room there is for error, rush-jobs, and cutting corners.
Apple is, I think everyone here agrees, far superior to PC manufacturers when it comes to quality control (the recent MB problems aside - I give a pass on that since it's really their first ever foray into the Intel-based notebook world which is a different animal altogether). Generally, Apple uses better, more reliable parts, a better overal setup and architecture, and the end result is a faster and more robust machine.
If they can somehow keep those high standards while continuing to grow in the world market I'm all for it. If not, I'm fine with being in that 6-10% range and enjoying my superior machine.
JML42691
Oct 14, 09:11 PM
Wow. Do you people realize that this topic was originally posted WAY WAY back on Jan 10, 03:12 PM??? 10 months ago?
I did when I made my post, it doesn't change the situation much, if at all. What they did was what they did, and the majority of this discussion was after last year's MWSF, in which case the upcoming MW of which the OP discussed the point of if they should be banned hasn't even happened yet. So this discussion is still very active and relevant.
I did when I made my post, it doesn't change the situation much, if at all. What they did was what they did, and the majority of this discussion was after last year's MWSF, in which case the upcoming MW of which the OP discussed the point of if they should be banned hasn't even happened yet. So this discussion is still very active and relevant.
dukebound85
Jan 10, 04:00 PM
banned forever i say
err404
May 2, 02:17 PM
The kill switch was defective. The new update fixes that so that it works as per the EULA and as per advertised (and common sense).
Common sense to a programmer is not all ways the same same a common sense to a user. :confused:
The code is working as intented, but the design is flawed. A switch that prevents applications from calling a service is functionally the same as disabling the service; except in this case. In this case they intentional left the service running, without considering the consequences of the cache continuing to update.
Common sense to a programmer is not all ways the same same a common sense to a user. :confused:
The code is working as intented, but the design is flawed. A switch that prevents applications from calling a service is functionally the same as disabling the service; except in this case. In this case they intentional left the service running, without considering the consequences of the cache continuing to update.
EagerDragon
Oct 11, 11:46 AM
If the rumor is true and the video iPod is relased soon, Microsoft better be ready to lose more than $50.00 a unit. Apple may lower the price of the older iPods and the the Video iPod around the same price of their top level iPod (5.5G).
That will throw another:D monkey wrench on the works, LOL.
That will throw another:D monkey wrench on the works, LOL.
AndroidfoLife
Apr 16, 03:15 AM
Next up, Google gives away songs for free. Inserts targeted ads every 30 seconds of music. Fandroids flood the Web to tell us all how awesome Android and "free" Google music are and what a greedy jerk Steve Jobs is for selling songs.
You know it's coming.
I just want to sync my music. **** itunes **** what ever. I love bit torrent. I refuse to pay for music or movies.
You know it's coming.
I just want to sync my music. **** itunes **** what ever. I love bit torrent. I refuse to pay for music or movies.
bobber205
May 6, 12:44 PM
I've shot guns for target practice quite a bit as a kid with my dad and thought it was terrific fun.
But I'd still rather see every gun on earth melted down and schools built it that metal instead :D
Guns use to be a everyday needed practical aspect of life (like cars still are today). They no longer are.
But I'd still rather see every gun on earth melted down and schools built it that metal instead :D
Guns use to be a everyday needed practical aspect of life (like cars still are today). They no longer are.
No comments:
Post a Comment